Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sa'ee



Sa'ee was much easier and less crowded as compared to Tawaf. But the challenge was the distance. The total distance a person had to walk and run at times was around 3.5 km, without stopping. The concept is, there are two mountains, Safa and Marwa. For convenience these mountains are brought down to ground level, with air conditioner, and stunning marble floors.


All Haji's had to go to and fro from Safa to Marwa. Seven such trips needs to be made to complete the Sa'ee. While going from Safa to Marwa and while returning back, there was a particular section marked in green light. In this section, all men were supposed to run. But women are not. Even if you are old, you at least need to increase your motion in that section.

Sa'ee looked easier, but it was not. Walking and sometimes running for over 3 KM after Tawaf was never easy. Although the crowd was less, because the space was more. Every time I finished 1 trip I checked my counter, hoping not much is left.

The starting point, Mountain Safa, and ending point, Mountain Marwa were in higher altitude. So I had to go uphill and down hill seven times as well. This was not stress full for me, but was for elderly people. There was a separate section for people who used wheel chairs for Sa'ee.

After 7 trips were done, I felt like falling down and sleeping there itself. This was a common feeling among all Haji's. Security did a great job by stopping us from doing so. As this would have created more chaos.

I returned back to my hotel overjoyed, as my Umrah was done. I was dead tired, but was satisfied. Now one final thing to complete the Umrah. I had to shave my head. I did that, I was looking weird. People in hotel took few seconds to recognize me. My Umrah was complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment